Spray foam insulation is a type of insulation amongst a few others (like cellulose, fiberglass, etc.) and it is used in houses to help save energy and provide great resistance making it a good insulator. It is comprised of two main materials which are known as polyurethane and isocyanate. These materials react with one another to form formaldehyde which is useful for repelling heat and minimize the penetration of air in joints and cracks.
Spray foam insulation is durable, energy-efficient, prevent mold, bacteria, and mildew, and also prevent too much noise from the room or building. They are used to fill up air holes and also keep walls insulated. DIY spray foam insulation kits comprise of a list of tools that are used for expanding closed-cell which include; spray foam, spray tanks and spray gun.
Features and Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- Does not make room for molds and bacteria.
- It is designed to be implemented in both hot and cold climates.
- It helps to prevent the penetration of air and moisture.
- It has a very high insulation value.
- It adds robustness and resilience to the building or house.
- It prevents the entrance of pests and small insects into the building.
What are the best Spray Foam Insulation Brands?
Some of the best brands for spray foam insulation include:
- Foam it Green: This is a very efficient brand known for making products that are very dense thereby possessing very high resistance to external conditions. It comes with a kit that is self-explanatory so users can install it very easily. It is used to seal closed walls with no insulation, repair roofs and also underground jobs such as laying pipes. It insulates up to one inch, very tough and it can be used for as many projects as possible. It has excellent product support, different nozzles to suit users depending on the specific area to be covered and it has a warranty. It is quick and easy to use, very portable, cost-effective and safe.
- Dow Froth Pak: This is a closed-cell foam that comes in an excellent kit which provides effective sealing capabilities. They can be used to cover a wide range of area and they are available in different sizes. The spray foam gun also comes in different nozzles so users can select depending on the coverage area so as not to waste the product. It prevents loss of energy by proving one inch of thickness can also be used for insulation of wall cavities which are up to two inches thick, and it is perfect for air sealing.
- Tiger Foam: They are also a closed cell which is easy to use with disposable tanks. It consists of a 15 feet spray gun, different nozzle heads and the kit is very flexible. They can be implemented in residential areas and commercial ones.
- Fomo Products: This is a closed-cell foam that is designed to seal air holes and fills up to three inches, covers over 8800 feet and its foam expand at a ratio of 2:1. They are also used to prevent air penetration and the kits also have needle nozzles that are used depending on the area to be covered.